Date:
Sun, 6 Oct 2002 22:02:29 -0500
We spoke with a mom recently who had an "open" biopsy (not just
"needle")...can't remember the age of the baby...but we warned her she may
have a lot of leakage.  She claimed she never had any...but was VERY careful
to empty breast very often...with either pump or baby.  Didn't give it the
opportunity to leak.  It seemed that helped it heal more quickly.

Kathy Leeper, MD, IBCLC
Medical Director
MilkWorks, a nonprofit breastfeeding center providing consultations,
education, support and related supplies in Lincoln, NE