From:
Fiona Hermann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Aug 2000 19:10:52 +1200
With regard to the discussion on numbers of wet nappies (diapers), it is
very interesting to think about the IV therapy etc. Esp if mum has an
epidural and is "primed" before hand with a litre of fluid, and has several
more to keep her BP up.

I have often had a conversation with other worried staff about urates in
nappies. Now, I know that it is entirely normal, but I can't really provide
any reason except for the fact that babies are *meant* to have concentrated
urine in those first couple of days. How do others convince the
non-believers that urates are normal!!??

Also interested to talk with any IBCLC who has then gone on to become a LLLL
rather than vice versa.

Fiona Hermann
Hamilton
New Zealand  where it is warm and almost spring-like  - daffodils are blooming!