From:
Rachel Myr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Feb 2001 12:02:20 +0100
I once sat next to a highly educated adult woman at a banquet who demanded
that all her food be completely free of seasoning herbs, as she was so
allergic that even seeing a flake of parsley or basil on her plate could
allegedly land her in an ICU if she survived the journey to hospital.

I was intrigued to note that at the end of the meal, she proceeded to insert
an object consisting of dried leafy matter from a known poisonous plant into
her mouth, set fire to it, and inhale the smoke.

What her motives for the allergy story were I can not imagine, but her
credibility with me took a permanent nose dive when she lit her cigarette.

Rachel Myr
Kristiansand