From:
Sandy Arnold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Dec 1995 22:02:04 -0500
Hello again Lactnetters!

     I also have a mom that is going to a remote part of Haiti for a week of
missionary work at the end of January.  She is exclusively BF a 4 mos old,
and doesn't plan to stop. (Also BF her first child >1 yr)  Has had some
difficulty with manual pump.  Rented electric pump and is stock piling for
week away from baby.  Wants to pump & dump (any other alternatives?--is open
to donating) while separated from baby.  She would like to take electric pump
with her, but will probably not have access to electricity.  I suggested the
car lighter adapter.  She is checking to see if/when car will be available &
if it has lighter plug.  Anyone out there in Haiti, or has been there?  What
is the culture like for BF?  They are flying in to Port-au-Prince, and then
take a 9-hour car ride?!!!  Any help or suggestion would be appreciated!

Sandy Arnold, IBCLC