From:
Judy Holtzer Knopf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Jul 1995 15:43:40 -0900
On July 27, Laurie Wheeler asked about vitamin supplements to
infants. In Israel, all infants are given A + D drops, whether
bfing or not. With our climate, I'm not sure if I understand the
reasoning behind this, though. Mothers are also encouraged to
give iron supplements, and scared by the bugaboo of anemia. I
already mounted the soapbox on *that* subject today! I find
myself getting annoyed with the wholesale doubt on the
wonderfullness of breastmilk implanted into the minds of moms by
the medical profession here. Priorities are very misplaced and
accountability is ignored or unacknowledged, and I am alternately
amazed and outraged. Watch the BP and get off the soapbox, Judy!
Gotcha. Judy K. in Beer Sheva, Israel