From:
"G. Dormody" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jun 1997 14:01:29 -0800
Like Lynn, I don't have an indepth knowledge of nutrition but it seems to
me that the presenter at the conference she attended was off base and
definitely sending the wrong message. What would she say about our female
counterparts in Third World countries who breastfeed their babies
eventhough they are starving? We know that those babies are healthier
overall than their formula fed counterparts. What would she say about women
in industrialized nations who live below the poverty line and breastfeed
their babies? They can,t afford to eat as well as they should but their
babies are also healthier overall than the formula fed babies of women
living in poverty. The magic is in the recipe for Mother's Milk which is a
secret only Mother Nature and God know. It's obviously their way of
ensuring the continuation of the human race.
Sorry if it seems like a rant but I do get so miffed with those kinds of
"expert" presentations.
Nola Moulton RN BN
Newfoundland (where we like to rant and roar)