From:
Jane Ciaramella <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Apr 2005 22:29:12 -0400
Ginger,
In the 90's I used to have our breastfeeding booklet printed up yearly at the local printers and it would cost the hosptal about 1200 a year. We had a smaller OB service then, but the booklet took a lot of time to revise and keep up to date every time I had it reprinted. We also did not have it in Spanish. Then another LC who worked with us, and had worked at another hospital looked into getting Amy Spangler's Breastfeeding book, also in Spanish(Lactancia) purchased for each breastfeeding patient. They had done this at her previous hospital. It turned out to be a reasonable option financially for the hospital, it saves me time and the patients get a great resource. It is not that expensive to purchase for the patients and a wonderful book that is small, but with all the pertinent information.

I have no financial interest in this product at all.
Jane Ciaramella RNC, IBCLC