From:
Karleen Gribble <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Dec 2000 07:31:01 +1100
In my mind the strongest argument that 'free' formula influences how people
feed their babies is the fact that the formula manufacturers want to
provide it free. They want to provide it 'free' because they know it will
help them sell more. It is a marketing strategy and if it didn't work (ie
sell more formula and bring in more $$) they would not be doing it because
it costs them. Make the comparison between TV advertising and sponsorship.
These are again both part of marketing strategies- they cost $ but they
bring in more than they cost or they wouldn't do it.

Karleen Gribble
Australia
   _ ---_l\