From:
Lee Galasso <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Jul 2006 16:04:38 -0400

In deleting old e-mails, I came across something I posted months ago and
never saw a reply.  Any of our legal experts care to respond at this time?
It would be useful.

>>Subject: Question for JDs

On Fri, 3 Mar 2006 21:14:26 +0200, Donna Ron wrote:

"Much discussion and even court cases have taken place regarding the issue
of a pregnant mother smoking [illicit drugs] and the effects that this has
on her fetus."

Donna your above statement made me wonder:  In which month during pregnancy
does a woman become legally responsible for exposing her baby if she smokes
illicit drugs?  Can the JDs on this listserv enlighten me?  Is it after the
point where she could legally have an abortion?<<

TIA

Lee Galasso, MS, IBCLC, RLC