From:
Linda Palmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Sep 2007 00:40:57 -0400
While I'm not convinced that raw bovine milk consumption can increase
human milk production (and wouldn't be found recommending it), I
offered the many kinds of hormones in raw bovine milk as a potential
source for any effects some mothers may have observed.

I've been written by a couple people the standard line taught to MD's
by the dairy industry: that any hormones in milk are digested in the
stomach and thus not active. This is very contrary however to the fact
that people take medicinal hormones all the time; the pill, thyroid
meds, etc. and that it is known that mother passes oxytocin and
cortisol and growth factors on to baby --- these have been measured
and the effects observed. There are concerns about the effects of
estrogen hormone mimics in the environment and hormonal effects from
those left behind in our drinking water after being passed out of the
systems of people taking hormones. There'd be no concerns if they were
all simply digested. Milks, including bovine and human, are also
designed to help allow hormones and other factors to remain active and
be passed on and bovine milk in particular is extrememly alkalizing,
reducing the effects of digestive acids.

A Lancet article even suggests that dairy consuming moms have 5
times as many twin births as those who do not:
http://tinyurl.com/2mv9f9

Best, linda
author "Baby Matters"
www.BabyReference.com