Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Aug 2017 08:27:25 -0700
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (38 lines)
Hi Sarah,
I just finished the same course, sitting for exam in October. I'm also from California:) Laurie had great advice! As you know California is competitive. You are at a huge advantage, having your RN, so that is great news. My number one piece of advice is to make friends with your mentors. Your clinical experience can be amazing if you have a positive friendly attitude. I was so lucky to have the best mentors and I told them all of the time how great they were and how much I appreciated them. I had some classmates who seemed to have troubles because they wanted to correct or question their mentors. Don't get me wrong, questions and discussions are great, but not in front of their patients:) 
I'm here if you have any questions on the class or feel overwhelmed:) You are going to love it! LC's are my favorite kind of people. 

Best of luck! 

Shaland Verdi, CLEC
[log in to unmask]

Sent from my iPhone

> On Aug 18, 2017, at 3:37 PM, Sarah Gurries <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> 
> Hello from California! My name is Sarah and I'm a Maternal-Child Nurse currently in the Lactation program with UCSD hoping to take my boards this April. This is my first LacNet post and honestly I'm not even sure I'm doing it right...I'm gathering this a network for Lactation experts to have professional discussions. Any words of wisdom or pieces of advice moving forward in my lactation career from any of you seasoned IBCLC's? What would be your number one piece of advice for the aspiring Lactation Consultant?
> 
>             ***********************************************
> 
> Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
> To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
> Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
> COMMANDS:
> 1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
> 2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
> 3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
> 4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2