Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Jan 2007 11:14:40 -0800
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (18 lines)
I have so enjoyed the postings on this topic!! I want every mother I see to leave well informed (information IS power), with the sure knowledge she has my support and that she is the expert on her own  child.  I avoid buying anything from companies that are involved with code violations, and I do lots of "talking up" breastfeeding and LCs whenever I get a chance... I also do lots of reframing mothers' experiences; I do lots of talking about how our society does NOT support BF, and how they made the best choice they could with inadequate or downright lousy advice and support, and that they now can have a different experience... this has really helped some moms who were afraid to "fail again".  I also make sure to point out the errors of advertising to my kids; even the 2 year old knows bottles are icky and all babies should nurse; my 8 year old son will "talk back" to the TV if a formula ad comes on and say "yeah, they all lie, you just need a good latch!", so I am at least raising him right :-)...  I also talk about it with all the HCPs who treat me as a bf mom; there have been a couple who even learned something!  My ethic is promote it at every opportunity, support the moms in every way I can, refer if I don't know the answer, keep learning and keep teaching.... 

Esther Friedman, IBCLC, RLC, LLLL

www.firstgiving.com/tylermom
There is no greater accomplishment than helping a child...

To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or digest)
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
All commands go to [log in to unmask]

The LACTNET email list is powered by LISTSERV (R).
There is only one LISTSERV. To learn more, visit:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2