From:
Barb Cole <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Oct 1996 13:41:46 -0500
From: coleb                Tue Oct 22, 1996 -- 01:22:28 PM
To: [log in to unmask]@
I have just heard about a relaxation video of continuous waterfalls that an
LC I know uses to increase milk supply with great success.  This particular
video is called Water's Path and is apparently not on the market anymore.  It
was made in 1984 and was put out by Windham Hill, Paramount Home Video.
My question is, has anybody used this video or another like it for this
purpose?  I think it is a wonderful idea and would certainly be welcomed as a
substitute to Reglan in some, if not many, circumstances.  I am borrowing her
tape for two mothers I have now who are having supply problems.  If this
works, I'm going to contact the company about putting it on the market again
for breastfeeding women around the world.
Some of you may know that my LC position at this hospital has been cut.  I
have accepted a position as the full-time LC (hospital-funded, not a grant)
in Saginaw, Michigan.  I am saying this because I will no longer have access
to Lactnet and I certainly will miss all of you and your wise words.  My last
day on-line and at this job will be October 31st.  I hope to be able to get
back on-line sometime in the next year.  Til then. . . Thanks!  Take care!

Barb Cole, RN, IBCLC
Marshfield, WI  USA