From:
Suzanne Bowes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Nov 2004 06:26:29 -0800
I might make sure that mom has access to a good pump.
Sometimes, these little guys can poop out and not suck
effectively to make a good supply &/or transfer enough
milk.  I mean, why not?  Other than it would mean more
tasks for mom?  That would be better than too much wt.
loss, risk of hyperbilirubinemia, or low milk supply.
Since the Joint Commissions alert on
hyperbilirubinemia, I have been learning more and more
about those kids at risk and a sl. pre-term baby is on
that list.   All in all, more milk available isn't
such a bad thing.
Suzanne Bowes RN, IBCLC