From:
Liz Cammin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Nov 2006 16:59:43 -0500
[log in to unmask] wrote:

> Etc etc etc.
>
> Why on earth am I in this breastfeeding business?   Someone mentioned it
> going the way of the Edsel.  Yes -- and the  albatross.   I'd like to think the
> Phoenix, but it rose again, and I'm  not sure breastfeeding can withstand all
> the assaults.  Not to mention  lactation consultants.  And normal birthing
> proponents.
>
> I'm old.
>
> Maybe retirement?
>

>  Jan Barger

If it hadn't been for the lactation consultants at the hospital where I
had DS, I might still be breastfeeding but I might have had to go
through a LOT more problems than I did.  But, having been an RN since
1992 I know how quickly a person can get burned out.  You are doing this
because it's something you are passionate about!  I understand that very
well.  Look how far it's come since I was born in the 60's, at least
there is good help available in most places, whether from LC's or LLL or
whatever!

OK I'm done with my little pep talk... :)

Liz Cammin, RN and Mom (still nursing after 2 years...)