From:
Patrica Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Dec 2000 22:02:28 -0500
If the manufacturer says not to give prior to sixth postpartum week, where
does this HCP get off legally in giving it sooner?  I'd say if given sooner
and causes BF to fail, then HCP is wide open for that suit (that I want to
happen :-)    Their statement (mfgr) says depo has no effect on quality or
quantity BUT they are checking mothers in whom it was  given at the proper
time (6 weeks) not in first few days pp.

An old ref (1981) AAP Policy statement  has refs that if given  early pp
oc's affect milk supply.  Another blurb I came across said given immed
after del did not affect supply.  Arch. Peds and Adol Medicine, May
1997:151:490-496.  But I don't have orig article.
Sincerely, Pat in SNJ