From:
Nick Azzaretti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Feb 1997 18:04:04 GMT
Kathleen wrote: >However, there are no
>constraints on someone from an ABM company joining. How would I know?

Exactly! Even if Lactnet were to become a "closed" list (which I don't
think it should), what would prevent someone unethical from lying
about affiliations or simply omitting such information in an
application?  As much as I dislike the idea that ABM reps are lurking
here, I don't see how we can realistically expect to exclude them. I
think we'd be fooling ourselves to pretend we could restrict this list
to those who genuinely support breastfeeding.

Also, there seems to be some confusion over the question. Kathleen
asked "If you had a choice, would you wish to ban those legally and/or
otherwise associated with formula manufacturers from joining Lactnet.
Yes? Or No?" She is NOT asking whether we should INVITE them to join!

Kate Pennington, LLLL, Newcastle, Maine