Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Jul 2010 10:49:31 -0700
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (14 lines)
In any such discussion, I believe the formost thing to keep in mind is that for the baby crying is saying, "Something I not right in my world right now.  Please do something about it."  Babies don't cry in utero do they?  All their needs sre being met immediately.  I believe that even if mom (or whoever is caring for baby sat the moment) can't find the reason, at least the baby knows she/he is not all alone in the workd and someone is listening.  Of course the time does come when crying may mean "I need to unwind", but too many people ecxpect the baby should learn from the start that everything isn't always right with their world.  Any discussion of crying needs to understnd where the baby is "coming from" first, not the needs of adults around to be comfrtable and not have their lives interrupted or disturbed!
Winnie Mading LLLL, IBCLC currently having a visit with my 11 m.o.granddughter I hsven't seen (except pictures) since Christmas.

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2