From:
Sandy Hess <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 May 1999 22:15:17 -0400
I have had a few e-mails from folks who said they had trouble getting to
the Chick-fil-A site from the address on my posts.  I'm not sure why,
because I have tried it 3 or 4 times over the last 2 days, and just did
so successfully again.  Perhaps they are getting so many hits that some
are being blocked?  Let's hope!  However, to shorten the e-mail address
a bit, try

http://www.chick-fil-a.com

and work through the menu to get to the feedback/comment page.

Also, a couple of you are not familiar with CFA -- too bad!  They have a
*wonderful* fried or grilled chicken sandwich, chicken salad, soup,
lemonade, brownies, sweet tea, etc.  They are often located in malls,
but have fairly recently opened separate restaurants of the fast-food
variety.

The owner, Mr. Cathy is an elderly gentleman who is a strong supporter
of families and children.   The headquarters is based in Atlanta, GA.

Even if there is not a restaurant near you, you may be able to order a
T-shirt just by e-mailing a request for their catalog -- assuming they
make the shirt and put it in it!

They started a very delightful ad campaign a few years ago featuring
cows which encourage us to "Eat mor chikin", which have stated that "5
out of 5 cows agree" that chicken is good or healthful, or something
like that.  There have been quite a few cute slogans, and roadside
billboards being "painted" by a cow which is standing on the back of
another cow (one of my favorites).

To answer another question, the "Cows udderly agree" is not one they
have used, but one I came up with and have offered to them for World
Breastfeeding Week and this whole endeavor.  BTW, I am not trying to say
"utterly", but "udderly", (someone had a question about the slogan, with
the "correct" spelling of "utterly" -- which is *incorrect* for this
campaign.....oh you get the idea !

I will post the promo a few times a day, to alert those who have been
"unsubscribed".  Again, please print, attach, fax, distribute, etc. with
my permission and blessings.

Oh, yes....one more thing.  I do not own stock in CFA, nor have I met or
am related to any employee (that I am aware of)!   If the Taco Bell
Chihuahua were not a male, who knows?  We might be writing Taco Bell
instead.....but those cows are sooooo funny!

Let's keep this going over the holiday weekend as best we can, but
really in earnest next week.

By working together, we can pull this off.........otherwise, we could be
waiting til the cows come home for another opportunity of this type.
In other words, we should milk this for all its worth.  ;)

Sandy