From:
Holly McSpadden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 May 2012 17:31:14 +0000
Hi Tammy!

We switched from the Medela Symphony to the Ameda Platinum at our hospital because the Ascend portion of the Premiere contract for the hospital was lots lower in prices for Ameda pump kits etc. We thought it would be a big deal for our 20+ moms with babies in the NICU who use our pumping room and rent pumps as well as our many employees who use the pump room. It wasn't. Most pumpers transitioned easily. The feature they liked the best was the timer on the Platinum Ameda pump! Other than that no major complaints or raves. I think that many hospitals who use the Primiere contract to get better pricing are doing the same thing.

Holly McSpadden, IBCLC