From:
"Helen M. Woodman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Jun 1998 17:34:03 EDT
Renate, You wrote

<Here in the Netherlands we also use breastmilk for sticky eyes etc..
In your post you mention wiping the eyes from 'the inner corner' to 'the
outer corner' ( from the nose to the ears). It is my understanding that you
'always' need to wipe the eyes the other way around, from the ears to the
nose (so that you won't stuff the 'tear tube'). Can you explain why to wipe
them the way you describe???>

I have to confess that this was how I was taught by my midwife 15 years ago
with my second boy and I have never given it a second thought except I
accepted it as sensible in trying to keep the detritus from running into the
other eye.  But now that you mention this might block up the tear duct I need
to rethink my actions.  Thank you for bringing this up.  As this has now
become off topic, any other views on this would be welcome to private email.
kind regards
Helen Woodman