From:
Naomi Bar-Yam <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 May 2008 15:20:11 -0400
Dear Colleagues,

I want to tell you about a new web resource that can be of real
service to the breastfeeding community and beyond.  World Hall enables
us to discuss policy issues, identify who can do something about them,
propose actions and vote ---- to have our voices heard by those in
positions to implement change.

This is a unique opportunity: World Hall is being launched in the
breastfeeding community.  Actions regarding ban the bags,
breastfeeding in public, breastfeeding in the workplace, insurance
coverage for lactation services and others are already posted on World
Hall.

World Hall is different than a breastfeeding listserv or blog. We will
be joined in the conversation by activists in other areas allowing for
cross conversation and voting, enriching all involved. Our active
engagement in World Hall will raise the visibility of breastfeeding to
all who are listening to and conversing on World Hall. World Hall is
free and non-commercial. It was developed by students at the New
England Complex Systems Institute (necsi.edu) with support from the
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The CDC is a great example
of a major player that is watching the system and paying attention to
the actions proposed and discussed.

Your active engagement in World Hall will help to raise the visibility
of the issues we all work on every day. Please vote, add new actions,
comments, and identify new issues and players.  Share World Hall with
others.

The site is at:
http://www.worldhall.org/breastfeeding

I look forward to meeting you there.