From:
John Vanek <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Apr 1999 09:33:24 -0700
We recently had some NICU premie twins whose aunt was a very successful
nursing mom who regularly atended our weekly breastfeeding support
group. Mom of twins was having difficulty keeping up a pumped milk
supply for the twins who were not nippling yet. Aunt had lots of milk,
offered to donate it for the twins. The nurse, trying to help, called
our milk bank in Santa Clara and was told it was "illegal" to take
another mom's milk for someone elses baby. They did offer to take the
aunts milk, run studies and pastuerize it, for $7-9 per ounce. I
understand costs involved, somewhat, although I remember the milk bank
telling me the cost was $2 per ounce to treat. Please help. I can't
believe the legality issue, perhaps it is a "protocal" issue.

Also, my co-worker just returned very motivated from a week long IBCLE
review course. But, she had a big concern about our keeping documented
phone logs. We are a hospital based practice. Phone calls are constant
over a 6 day work week. Does anyone have a solution on how to keep
records in an organized manner.

Once again, I am always impressed at the effort you put into your
someone E-mailed me for hospital policies regarding diflucan use. We did
get one from Stanford. If still interested in seeing it, (your E-mail
address has been misplaced), E-mail me your post office address and I
will mail you a copy.
Dawn BSN, IBCLC in San Jose, CA