Date:
Sat, 27 Jan 2001 09:51:45 -0700
>"I can't live without them" to, "never
>bothered with them and I've been fine."

See I have experienced this so many times in my practice and in my own life,
that is why I like to give new moms a choice.  While I feel like I "need" a
closet full of nursing clothes, that probably says more about my addiction
to clothes than anything!  My best friend nursed her last son for two years,
owned one nursing shirt that I got for her.... only when she wore it she
ended up pulling it up from the bottom because she was so used to going
without.  It's purely a preference thing and I think it's just a good idea
to let moms know there are options.  Personally I have found that I needed
my nursing shirts more with my toddler than with my newborn, the toddler is
constantly trying to undress me and with a nursing shirt he only has a
little bit that he can show off, if I have to pull a shirt up to nurse
him... well then it's all over, he's got me undressed in church!

Melisa