From:
julie taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Jan 2009 16:10:10 -0800
I had the same problem with a patient who had actually started pumping to relieve the discomfort ( she was 20 weeks pregnant at the time!!!!) I too suggested ice packs and firm bra. Needless to say, I discouraged the pumping!
This mom delivered today and she told me that these remedies solved her problem, unsurprisingly, the baby is nursing wonderfully well - lots of colostrum.
Julie Taylor
RN IBCLC