From:
Patrica Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Jul 1999 00:20:55 -0400
Oh we can have an interesting debate about this!  I've found growth spurts
in a FT baby to be fairly predictable over the years.
About 3 weeks, 6 weeks and 3 mo. Have also seen these vary a few days or
week in either direction.  Have found it to be reassuring to tell mom what
is probably going on so she can go with the flow :-)  Once most moms have
an explanation , they calm down and cope.  What do others believe?

An aside, so many of the things LLLI has said since the beginning have been
later proved by research.  Why would this be any different than 6-8 wet
diapers, no solids before 4 mo etc.?

Now about premies, what an interesting idea.  Do any of the NICU people
have any clinical observations to tell us about?
 Sincerely, Pat in SNJ