From:
Terriann Shell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 May 2017 20:54:33 -0800
Good question Ani! I like to ask what the mother's breastfeeding goal is. No matter what she says, I say that can be done and it works best if they start out with just breast because... and they can add the other stuff later. That way she feels she has been heard and we can work towards her goal while still getting a good milk production and a good latch.

Of course, it helps to know if a mother plans to breastfeed only for a couple of days so baby can get colostrum as her goal and then go to just formula. You can more effectively target your education,
Terriann Shell
Big Lake, Alaska