From:
Susan Kay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Aug 1999 16:04:43 +1000
Kathy and anyone else interested:
I use balloons when I teach anything to do with Anatomy and Physiology of
breastfeeding.
Firstly, I give everyone a balloon and a marking pen, then ask them  to draw
the breast anatomy n their balloon after blowing it up.
After they have blown up their balloons, I reinforce differences in breast
sizes and normality.
Then I put up my overhead and let them check how they did. At no time do I
check it, I want it to be non threatening and fun.
I find most people soon learn what they had forgotten to put on their
breasts, and we have lots of laughs, breaking the ice and getting their
minds ready to learn.

Helps make an otherwise heavy subject fun. Just a note of caution tho- I got
caught once, when  someone wasn't participating, further questioning
revealed she was allergic! So now I always ask about that first!
BTW, she drew a picture for me!
Happy teaching
Susan in Australia