From:
Susan Kay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Sep 1998 21:06:57 +1000
Hi everyone,
I am seeking information re SLE / pregnancy and lactation.
I have a lady, recently diagnosed with SLE, with a severely growth retarded
baby on board. She is currently 32 weeks gestation, with the growth rate
dropping off quite markedly. We think she may have to be delivered in the
very near future.
Currently, she is an inpatient for intensive fetal monitoring. She has
suffered 7 miscarriages in the UK, before emigrating to Australia a month
ago.
At 22 weeks, she was told her baby had died, fortunately, she had an
understanding midwife, who listened to her repeated insistence that she was
feeling movements and found a heartbeat, before the pregnancy was
terminated.
 At the moment, she is only on Clexane (a low molecular weight heparin) and
simple analgesics for the arthritic back pain.

Does anyone have any experience with pregnancy and lactation in this
circumstance?
Please reply ASAP, as this mum is very concerned.
Many thanks for you collective wisdom
Susan
experiencing a beautiful Queensland spring day!