Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Dec 2009 14:29:06 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (19 lines)
Hello everyone,

Am cleaning out my office and can not for the life of me put my hands on a citation that I need - have checked in the archives too........... I need something to take to a doc regarding persistent cracked nipples and the possibility that this is related to staph or some bacterial infection.  Mom has no fever, no redness of rest of breast, just non healing very sore nipples - particularly on one side.  And yes, I have covered the bases for TT and latch - she has seen both my colleague and myself at our drop-in and me privately as well as at least one other LC in town.  I can't vouch for latch when I'm not there - and she knows that she has been "over" shaping the breast (distorting it) and pushing it towards the baby but isn't doing this anymore.  She just can't get it healed.  She is currently resting and expressing on that side and has tried APNO but it was very irritating to her (steroids I would think).  Anyone have a reference at hand for me??

Thanks so much

beth

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2