From:
Doug Rogers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Sep 1996 10:01:46 -0500
>  i just had a cll from a mother whose md put her on combined pill.. pumping
>at work has been increasingly difficult so she thought she would call and
>ask.....
>
>            Patricia

I have been seeing these type of comments for months now. Has anyone done
a study or is anyone planning on a study of the effect of B.C.P.'s and
breastfeeding?

I just received the latest info book on B.C.P.s from one of the companies
and of course it now says breastfeeding while on a pill is OK. This was
not one of the low dose ones either! I mentioned to the rep that I
disagreed given the potential effect on breastmilk production and his
response was that this was all anectdotal (?sp) and therefore suspect.

Having had one of those "anectdotal moms" in my practice I begged to
differ but I'ld really like quotable data. Anyone out there? Dr. Hale?

Should we be somehow pooling our resources to get a study done?

Karen Cunningham MD, CCFP London
email at [log in to unmask]
Responding by email? Please put "Karen" into the subject line