From:
Nikki Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Jun 2004 13:32:54 EDT
Dear Friends:
Journal Club meeting about 1-2 times/ year. Months before the meeting, people
suggest either articles (which our affiliate pays to copy and send to members) or
a book that folks should read for the Meeting. A consensus about what to read
is reached via e-mail, on our yahoo.groups list that one of our members set
up for us (LCs are a multi-talented group of people).
    We get together at someone's house; we eat and drink fabulously well,
with exquisite decor and elegant (yet comfortable) attire. And (usually) we talk
about what we have read! This leads to discussions of other relevant things,
like how hard our work can be, and what are folks doing in other institutions
for a particular situation, and celebrating triumphs, and sharing tidbits about
difficult cases.
    Our reading last meeting was Fiona Giles "Fresh Milk", a wonderful book.
    I highly recommend a Journal Club!
    warmly,

Nikki Lee RN, MS, Mother of 2, IBCLC, CCE, CIMI
Maternal-Child Adjunct Faculty Union Institute and University
Film Reviews Editor, Journal of Human Lactation
Support the WHO Code and the Mother-Friendly Childbirth Initiative