From:
BILL FIOCK <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Mar 2006 07:07:06 -0800
I have a very lovely mom who has been providing 100% EBM for her 34

week ex preemie now 5 months old. We have worked on getting this little

one latched with not much sucess, tried a variety of positions. She's going to try the going to the bath trick like "Matt and Mandy video??

Mom's new delima is that her pumped milk had curdy clumps in it. This is a new

change, it looks lke the flocculant curds in bm. She is still adding

neosure to the breastmilk.. to do per pedi for 9 months.. Anyway the curds

appear with refridgerated milk.. not fresh room temp milk. Smell is

fine, clean bottle but curds filled up the nipple??? Could this be a fat

thing?? Should  she try scalding the milk.. She doesn't get a chance to

freeze since baby takes most of the 28-30 oz pumped each day. Only

pumps 3-4 times for 25 minutes each pump.. I've suggested shorter, more

frequent sessions but this works for her... Any suggestions? What's up

with the curds?? Would lethicin help it out... can't find this in any

resources and really don't quite know what to look under?? curdy milk??

  Thanks folks you're wisdom always amazes me!

  Gail Fiock, RN, newbie IBCLC