From:
Glenn Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Mar 1997 18:15:39 -0800
Many of of the conclusions this doctor/man comes to are correct.  We site the same results in adovcating breastfeeding.

Of course working mother's threaten the future of the human race "as we know it" -- But is that bad?  All mothers have always been working mothers.  What he's talking about is working away from the home and baby.  Is he suggesting moms stay home with babies?  Probably.

But what it seems we are working toward is making the rest of the world a more supportive place for moms to work and still provide their babies with breast milk, and even be able to nurse at work when the type of job allows it by providing place and time for mom to pump on the job, by having onsite nurseries, letting people telecommute, or job share or work parttime.

It seems to me in some ways he's using his conclusions to scare us all to going back to the home, and leaving the world outside of home to men.

Chanita