From:
Jeanne Schrank <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Jun 2005 15:13:31 -0400
I have been in touch with a mom whose 4 yr. old son is nearly weaned.  He had only been latching
on for 30 seconds or less every few days when she developed a mild burning sensation in her
nipples.  This has persisted for about a month. There has been no change in laundry detergent or
soap. She reports that son has told her that there has been no milk since around November.

She has tried Lasinoh, calendula, and this past week, neosprorin three times a day with no change
in symptoms.  Her son has not nursed at all in about two weeks.  She has an appointment with her
primary doctor in about a week.

I'm wondering if this could be eczema or psoriasis.  That's about all I can come up with.  She has
had no other history of either of these though anywhere else on her body.

Jeanne
LLLLeader in WI