From:
Janet Simpson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Jan 1999 22:19:21 -0800
Hi All,
Mom takes 4 500mg Vicoden per day and has done so throughout pregnancy.
(this is my friend who just had twins)  SHe has severe arthritis in most of
her joints and her back, and VIcoden is the only thing that works for her.
Both babies are having tremors and the PEds at the hosp are telling my
friend that the babies are having withdrawl symptoms from the Vicoden.  (Mom
was on Vicoden with her last pregnancy, too, and baby had no problems, no
tremors etc.)  The babies are 6lbs 1oz and 6lbs 9oz, 37-38 wks gestation.
Mom is still taking the Vicoden, but babies are getting a mix of EBM and
ABM, so intake of milk with Vicoden in it is sporadic (don't worry, she will
be exclusively BF in no time...).
So are the Peds just spouting off and giving her a hrad time or are they
right?
BTW, some of the staff memebers are giving my friend a very hard time
because she tried to have both babies at home, but got into trouble so had
to transport.  Let's not get into the birthing twins at home...I am not for
it myself...Homebirth is great, but not with twins, imho.

TIA!

Jay
Jay Simpson, CLE
Sacramento, California, West Coast, USA
"No Miracles performed here, just a lot of love and hard work."