From:
Sulman Family <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Nov 1997 19:20:09 -0900
For the mother of the 2 year old needing to sleep with her, I would have
her look for "The Baby Book" by William and Martha Sears.  I don't have my
copy here right now, but I believe there is a section that nicely
summarizes all that Sears put in his earlier, very helpful book, "Nighttime
Parenting."  Lots of good advice on shared sleep and attachment parenting.
The reason I might suggest it over "The Family Bed" is that it is available
right now in every book store and public library, and is therefore viewed
as more "mainstream" and acceptable.  Perhaps even to suspicious social
workers.  It's nicely written and very persuasive, with good, common sense,
loving advice on this and other parenting issues.

Anne Altshuler, RN, MS, IBCLC and LLL leader in Madison, WI
e-mail:  [log in to unmask]