Date:
Sun, 29 Jul 2001 09:48:00 EDT
Cathy Liles said,

> I think it ironic that two of the posts concerned about code violations
> at conferences actually expressed acceptance of code violating companies
> to exhibit if they "think pumps rather than bottles" about the company
> or if the company is marketing "bottlefeeding breastmilk" or if they are
> "marketing their bottles and teats as a vessel to feed expressed
> breastmilk to infants" or whether we "like the pumps" or not.

Read my post again, Cathy.  That is NOT what I said.  I said I had questions
about Avent being in violation of the Code.  They have exhibited at ILCA for
years, since before I became president back in 1990!   I do have concerns
about them exhibiting, even though they have been at our conferences.   And
perhaps this is a good time for LEC to review our policies on exhibitors
before our September conference.   I haven't seen that either Medela or
Ameda-Egnell (Hollister) have been in violation of the Code.  I think they
have both been extremely sensitive to this issue, but perhaps you know
something I am not aware of.   The rest of it was tongue in cheek (TIC) --
but perhaps you didn't catch that.

Jan Barger, RN, MA, IBCLC -- Wheaton IL
Lactation Education Consultants
www.lactationeducationconsultants.com