From:
Mirine Dye <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Sep 2007 11:49:00 -0400
Peggy,

I understand what you are stating, but I feel this is contrary to how
breastfeeding is promoted now in 2007.

Women work, play, dine, exercise and do a host of contributing community
activities and should not, by societies culture warp, or by the direction of
a "professional" be thrown back into 1953 and made to sit home , be demure,
and miss out being a well rounded citizen just because someone feels bottle
feeding is more appropriate than breastfeeding. I do not feel as
professionals ( or women) that we can separate the public health message of
breastfeeding from the actual act, which may or may not include discretion
to please those who are otherwise bothered by the skin on a breast. To do so
will throw us back to "bottles are easier" and women will have very little
enthusiasm to breastfeed.

Sincerely,

Mirine Dye