From:
Anne Robb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Jan 1999 15:14:33 -0800
Hello again,
        When it rains it pours! Another mom with a question I have little
resources for --Thank You Lactnet!!
        Mom of 2.5 month old experiencing SEVERE hunger overnight and in the
morning. She reports that if she doesn't eat 3 large meals during the night
she is too weak/faint/dizzy and nauseous to get out of bed in the am. Baby
sleeps a 6 hour stretch overnight.
        She went to MD for  other symptoms and MD told her she has
pancreatitis and put her on medication and a restricted fats diet. All
parties, however, feel the hunger is NOT related to the pancreatitis since
it appeared after other symptoms that developed during pregnancy. Hunger
appeared post partum and is getting progressively worse.
        So you guessed it, the hunger is a result of breastfeeding and the
answer is quit breastfeeding...
        Mom does not want to quit, but cannot continue with the morning
weakness... and thinks that it will get worse and worse as baby eats more
and more...

        HELP! I'll be seeing her on Thursday the 21st. What can you point me
toward about pancreatitis and breastfeeding/ severe hunger and breastfeeding...

Thanks in advance,
anne

PS At this rate I'll have to go mail again, though keeping up via the
archives is my current method...