From:
Hotheaded Red <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Aug 1996 09:46:51 -0400
Hi there! I posted a few days ago about the BabyTalk magazine, and someone
(nacy Kramer??) just posted about the picture with the twins! Yes, it was
a beutiful picture- I went and got several more copies.  Of greater
concern than the full page Carnation ad, was the fact that there was a
very inaccurate letter to the editor claioming that "lactose intolerance"
was a problem in breastfeeding, and that mom's should know she had to wean
her baby because of this. The letter from the mother CLEARLY indicates a
foremilk overload problem, NOT lactose intolerance, but she was given bad
info from her doctor (what else is new?) and weaned to formula.  All you
letter writers out there- please!!! write to them to correct this
misinformation! I was horrified that the magazine did not check the facts
before publishing this womans letter to the editor.  I did post the entire
letter to Lactnet, and to Lactivist, but never received any comments on
it. If anyone wants me to quote the text of the article in it's entirety,
I would be glad to! And Nancy? While you aree writing letters... ;)

Heidi Murphy
Peer Counsellor, BSN Student
Florida, USA