From:
Jeanne Schrank <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Oct 2003 10:51:54 -0500
Do a search of the lactnet archives.  I asked about this condition about
a year ago, as my niece's daughter had this, and I got some good
information here.

My niece's child gained very slowly and made a lot of noise breathing,
but aside from that she was very healthy.  She had surgery at around 4
mos. which helped somewhat, but did not resolve the problem completely.
At one point, before the surgery, the ENT advised my niece to pump and
feed by bottle.  I had passed on information that I had about bottle
feeding generally being more stressful physically for the baby than
nursing.  Although the baby got bottles while her mom was working, right
after this recommendation, the baby got a cold and would only nurse when
mom was around (smart baby!), and so my niece gave up on that idea and
her pediatrician agreed.

At about 8 months, the baby was put on Zantac for reflux, but that
didn't seem to make any difference, so mom stopped giving it to her.

The baby is now one year old.  She is still pretty tiny (still nursing
and taking solids) and has always been ahead on developmental
milestones.  She still has a bit of a rattle when she breathes but it is
hardly noticable now.

Jeanne Schrank
LLL Leader in WI, USA