From:
Julius Edlavitch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Apr 1997 06:53:02 -0600
Dear Daniel
Bienvenidos Amigo to the world of Pediatric communication
We do not mind your English, our Spanish is much worse.
We are just glad we have the unique opportunity to communicate with you

1. Newborns who breastfeed probably do not need vitamin D. This has been a
contoversial issue for years however. I practice in Minnesota USA which has
horrific winters and do not use vit d on a regular basis. I have not seen
any children with rickets form this issue. I follow the breastfeeding list
serves and they do not suggest vit d also. I will post this note to the
lactnet list serve which is a very very active list serve so you may get
some personal reply's too.

2. The pedinfo list serve is not a list serve for general pediatric medical
questions. It is a list serve for infomatics and computer related pediatric
topics. In the future, yoiu would be better posting a question like this to
a list serve called pedtalk. I will now post this to pedtalk and you may
get some responses from there too.
(go to http://www.uab.edu/pedinfo) there you can link to ped talk