Date:
Sat, 9 Dec 2000 12:15:16 EST
In answer to Patti's post about a Breastfeeding room where an LC would be
stationed and Mom's coming to her for help.I appreciate her frustration in
making rounds and making making extra trips for baby ready to nurse,
visitors, treatments etc; but  does the new Mom know enough about what's
normal to know she has a problem? Many at this stage don't and don't press
the panic button until they go home. Others would rather chat with their
visitors or take a nap, because after all "Breastfeeding comes naturally"
doesn't it?  I really feel a 1-1 in Mom's room would be much for helpful,
even if the baby isn't ready to nurse, the LC can assess the situation and
plan her time around it.  Hope this helps!
                    Pat Riley RNC,MS,IBCLC  Memphis TN