From:
Alwyn Goodall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Dec 1998 07:04:43 -0700
I spoke to a client recently whose baby had a very bad rash that I saw
when he was two or three months old.  She tried everything changing
detergent etc.  After many tests she found the baby had a zinc
deficiency.  I didn't know it was the same baby when mom brought him
into my WIC class when he was seven months old.  She and the breastfed
baby had both taken a zinc supplement.  I looked it up in the brown
bible and found that zinc deficiency can cause rash..   Mom never
mentioned stinky stools so I have no idea whether this was also a
problem.
Judy in Phoenix where the air is cooler outside this morning but not
cold enough for frost.