Date:
Wed, 14 Aug 2002 10:46:06 -0400
Hi Tina. Your comments are well taken. The source of the anger, I believe,
is just what you pointed out...the fact that the right hand and the left
hand have no communication, and that the ethical implications have not been
well considered. I find it difficult to believe, however, that the AAP is
ignorant of the WHO code. If they are, I can't really say that they have a
good excuse.

This is a power game, as I have said before. No one is blaming Betty. Betty
is a wonderful professional who is not powerful enough, alas, to change the
inner workings behind the door, as it were, of finance and money.

The AAP should be embarassed at either their deliberacy behind this
decision, or by their ethical ignorance.

Kathleen

At 07:22 AM 8/14/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>The
>author, AAP's work group, Betty Crase, etc., had nothing to do with it. I know
>Betty is upset, that's why I originally asked you to leave her alone.
>
>The left hand (AAP's Work Group on Breastfeeding) had nothing to do with the
>right hand (publications and marketing arms of the AAP)

Kathleen B. Bruce, BSN, IBCLC co-owner Lactnet
Independent Consultant
http://homepages.together.net/~kbruce/kbblact.html
LACTNET Archives http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/archives/lactnet.html