Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Oct 2007 19:40:53 +0000
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (16 lines)
I took birth control pills for a number of years in my mid teens and into my early 20's.  I can remember on a few occasions starting the next package instead of going off for the week because I was going to be travelling or going to a wedding or something like that and I really didn't want to be doubled over in pain with cramps during the event.  I did so with my doctor's knowledge & consent but I can recall her warning me not to do it all the time just to avoid having a period (they were so horrible that I remember asking if I couldn't just go from one pack to another and skip having periods altogether!).  I wish I'd ignored her and done it anyway.  And now they're all excited about this new birth control pill that allows a woman to have her period every three or four months... and some people I know are agog about this and thinking it must be very unsafe when actually it's finally a step in the right direction.  

While I will probably never take birth control again - I'm going to let nature take its course for the next four years or so and then after I turn 40, my husband is having a vasectomy or else I'll chart my cycle, it's nice to know that if I were going to take the pill, I would have the fewer periods option.  And I'll bet you anything there's nothing new or different about it - they probably just packaged the same pills with more pills in each pack.

--
Margo 

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
Mail all commands to [log in to unmask]
To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or [log in to unmask])
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet or ([log in to unmask])
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]

ATOM RSS1 RSS2