From:
Kirsten Blacker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Oct 2000 12:52:04 +0800
Pierrette wrote : "Do you use local anesthetic?
Do you dab with lidocaine with epi to reduce bleeding after clipping?
What kind of consent form do you use?"

A month or two back I was at a study day on lactation and listened to talk
from a paediatric surgeon on clipping (he does them). I asked him about the
use of local anaesthestic, and he said that one of the reasons he doesn't
use it is he wasn't happy about the systemic absorption of lignocaine from
such a vascular site.
As I understand it he clips without anaesthetic.

Kirsten Blacker
RN RM
Australia