Date:
Wed, 3 Jan 2001 10:18:11 -0700
Ok, this might be way off.... but does the mom do something with regards to
her breasts?  washing them with a specific soap?  anything like that?  I did
have a client that had similar troubles and when I mentioned washing she
told me she had been using some kind of shower gel on her whole body.  When
she stopped the baby was more receptive.

Also... just a thought, have you tried the baby laying down at each feeding?
I have heard of hyper sensitive babies that just can't handle all the
stimulation.  Laying down keeps a snuggly feeling but not a closed in by the
mothers arms feeling.  The baby can choose how much snuggling it wants to
do.  One client mused at how much this helped her baby, he just didn't like
all the touching.  Go figure.

Melisa