From:
SHAWN PARRY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Jul 2003 23:37:35 -0400
  Congratulations and happy birthday Amy!
   I am also a young Lc. I just turned 34 and have been an IBCLC for 6 years. I also Homeschool  my 2 daughters age 10 and 12. I have had a pump rental station for 6 years and have been doing occasional private practice work for the past year.
  How old are your other children? Are they old enough to help with the baby if you are doing a consult? I can't imagine a better job to keep your baby with you while you are working. I can imagine most clients will be very understanding. A sling will probably be your best friend!
  Maybe their is another Lc close by that you can informally partner with. Is your local La leche league active with home visits? Maybe get to know the leaders well. They could be a big help seeing moms while you are busy with the baby then refer difficult cases to you or work together with you.
  Whatever you do enjoy this precious new gift!

  Carla Parry RN IBCLC  (Hot, sunny, central Florida)