Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Jul 2003 23:37:35 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (32 lines)
  Congratulations and happy birthday Amy!
   I am also a young Lc. I just turned 34 and have been an IBCLC for 6 years. I also Homeschool  my 2 daughters age 10 and 12. I have had a pump rental station for 6 years and have been doing occasional private practice work for the past year. 
  How old are your other children? Are they old enough to help with the baby if you are doing a consult? I can't imagine a better job to keep your baby with you while you are working. I can imagine most clients will be very understanding. A sling will probably be your best friend! 
  Maybe their is another Lc close by that you can informally partner with. Is your local La leche league active with home visits? Maybe get to know the leaders well. They could be a big help seeing moms while you are busy with the baby then refer difficult cases to you or work together with you. 
  Whatever you do enjoy this precious new gift!  

Carla Parry RN IBCLC  (Hot, sunny, central Florida)

Date:    Mon, 14 Jul 2003 18:25:18 -0500
  Subject: childbearing LCs

I realize the discussion of ages and stages of LCs has been going on a few weeks now.  It becomes more interesting to me as it develops.  Though I'm the youngest IBCLC that I know (turned 33 yesterday), I pretty much assumed my breastfeeding days were behind me. I recently went into private practice out of my home, on a part-time basis.  I homeschool two young children and do not aim to run a full-time business.  Things have gotten off to a good, strong start that has left me very satisfied.  My kids are not independent but they are old enough that I can easily arrange play-dates for them while I have a client, or they hang with Dad and I do it in the evenings.  It works well.  The DAY I had my first official paying client, I GOT PREGNANT, to my shock.  So now I'm wondering...IS anyone doing any private practice work and nursing a baby/caring for very young children?  I can't do it all but am open to exploring time management options if anyone has some suggestions.
  Thanks,
  Amy

To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or digest)
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
All commands go to [log in to unmask]

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(TM)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2